Nowadays most of the parents will headache when the time they plan for their children education fund. For sure, this not an easy job, that’s why Chinese never get themselves into trouble, they only plan to get two or not more than three children in the family.
Talk about my education fund.
My childhood, I finish my primary school in the SRJK (C), means the school under government, and we only pay the annual fees of RM24. After that, I continue my high school in independence school, or some of them call it Chinese Private School.
Study in the independence school will cost you a lot, whereby each of the month you have to pay RM110-120 for the school fees and another RM10 for the air-condition fees. Every year you have to pay few hundreds for the books. Approximately each student has to pay RM1600-1700 per year. (This not included the exam fees and the fund for the club you join)
Six years in the school spent RM 11,000 – 12,000 (This the lowest budget to study in this kind of school). This amount may enough for a student to study the professional course in some college.
In this stage you may think that I pay too much on my study, but actually I’m not. I pay for not thing; means I finished the high school by not pay single cents for it. Why? Just because that not me who pay for it, but my parents? NOPE. My mum paid nothing for the six years of education in the most ‘expensive’ high school in town that I studied. All my
Fees (School Fees + Books + Exam Fees) paid by the school and some other society under the six years scholarship that I get.
None of my relative believe that I can get this full scholar when the time I register myself to this high school. Some of them even said I’ll spend a lot of money just for the high school, said I’m wasting the money and suggest my mum to put me to the SMK. At the end I proved that they’re wrong, totally wrong.
When come to the future study after my high school, I thought that this stage, my mum have to pay a lot for it since I let go for my chance to go to university in Taiwan (Fully Scholar + Living allowance). I let it go just because they offer me the accounting course, but that time I wish to go for photography. At the end my mum give me a big ‘REJECT’ when I tell her my wishes.
Now I finished my optician course, still the same I take the scholar and my mum didn’t pay for the RM50K tuition fees. Living cost in KL = Zero, because every month company will pay us the allowance and plus the commission. (Even I become the cheap labor but I still can survive.
Why I’m sharing about my education fund, nothing, just to tell you the cost I’m using in my photography course actually is the first tuition fees that I ever pay by myself in my life. Some more all this not pays by my mum but my own money that I made when I work as optician. I’m using the student award (we called it ‘backpay’ because it only pay us after a long period we finished our course) that I get after I pass my optician course without any delay (means straight pass in all exam).
Am I paying for it? Nope. I just use the ‘extra money’ that I earn from my previous studies.
In my ‘Account of Education’, the balance still in Credit side. Debit side, empty.



6 comments:
Quite an achievement, getting through on scholarships. Must be very smart eh you David?
Think about it we don't regret our time in government schools tho'. Well, to each our own. :D
Ya lo. My man very smart one tau. :P
I feel so dumb -- I did not realize you are an optician until after I went to A-Look and bought some new glasses. Duh. Next time in KL, I'll come to you. And maybe you can take nice photos of me too???
Janvier: No la... where got so smart...
QR: *shy la...
Will: Ok... Next round just drop by my shop. (wonder that time i still work in Kl or not :P) I think that time i should be able to take nice photos with your new spec on... :)
The scholarships show that you scored well enough for people to believe in you. You've done well. :)
Thanks Ban... :)
Post a Comment