Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Toys in Family

Wau!!! Today I get my new lenses from Trilion, again I spend some money in this small camera shop. last night they inform me that the 70-300mm lenses that I ordered three weeks before is here.

I wait for so long (3 weeks is long for someone like me), they get me the one from the factory in China because it really out of stock. Did I mention that this new lens only cost me RM350? Plus the UV filter then will be RM 430.

Now I got something can zoom further, and see how I gonna use it for? More Eye-Candy shots? Hahahaha… Jason Jr will call me xxx…

This not the only toys that I get from this shop, but I manage to get myself another camera… Yeah!!! My new Nikon Coolpix P5100… I wait for it for so long since I plan to get the P5000 but that time they inform me that just wait for the P5100 and it will be at the same price with the old one, but with higher megapixels.

Actually I bought this camera just for easy-carry and I can make a shots whenever I want. I can’t always bring the D80 with me since now he gain a lot of weight, the new lens plus another approx. 450grm for him. The small bag definitely not enough for me to put most of my stuff into it. I need a bigger bag; I still can’t get myself a bagpack…

Now I think I got enough tele-zoom lenses and I started to look for the wide-angle lenses or a standard fix lens. That will be too early for me to think about it since I still need sometimes to get use with the new lenses, but we always need to plan for something. Before I get any other lenses I think I should get myself the speedlight (flash) since I need it more than other lenses come first.

About the new camera I haven’t got much chances to use it but it still under charging for the new battery. I did try to take some photos in the K-box, ya yesterday we celebrate Jane’s secret birthday party in Neway karaoke. The party really fun, especially when the time I come into the room with a cake on my hand and my friends just turn the screen to birthday songs while the time she still singing at the moment.

The build in flash of the camera makes me love it a lot. What I still not get use with it is the way of taking photos, whereby I gonna use the LCD but not the view finder. Some more the body is a bit small when I get use with the bigger body, D80 is 10-12 times bigger than it.

What surprise me is the imagine it form when I use the video mode, I can see so clear what on the TV screen, with all the words on it also clear enough. Something I’m not really like is the time it takes to focus, it takes more time to make a shot to be done, and for me the time is too long.

Didn’t mention that this small litter fellow can share the same speedlight with D80, means that I can buy one speedlight for two cameras. The zooming system of this camera is not good enough but I just can use my D80 for anything that I need to zoom. Not thing is prefect.

12.1megapixels is more than enough for me to create nice and clear photos. Some more I can manually control the shutter speed and aperture, but not only the ISO.

After I get use to this new toy I think I’ll post some of the shots I taken with it.

How much I pay for it? The RSP is RM1388, and the package come with 1GB memory card and a case. Mine package is RM1350, come with 2GB Toshiba High Speed Memory Card, 22mm UV filter (first time for me to get this small UV filter, cute~, but this small filter cost me higher than the bigger UV filter that I get for my D80. Small and cost a lot.), and a case, plus Free printing for 400pcs of 4R photos. I’m sure that the price is worth it since I know the cost for all of it. (Don’t ask me where I check for it, but I could check for the cost price before I get the price from Trilion)

3 comments:

Jason said...

Hey... we love your eye candy shots :P
Yay, more photos!

William said...

Seh chi! :P

Apollo n Hermes said...

Jason: ok ok ok... next time we go to some places whereby can be more easy to meet the eye candy... hehehe...

William: I cant get what that words mean... :P