Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good Company without Good Management

Before entering into this company, I thought that I already get a good job in a Good company. Yes, it is a Good one, but so sad that I found that the management of this new company not as good as I thought.

Recently too many bad news about staff wanna leave this company. Not only one, but more… the number getting increase and is not a good sign for us. People started to leave with the same reason, just because this company not growing in the healthy way. Some of them choose to stay not because they happy with it, just not the right time to leave. When the time is right I think they still will go.

After the commission war that we faced, we find out the problem of the company. This company is good, no problem, but too bad, the management of this company dropped to the wrong person. The main management team of this company is under 5 person-in-charge. Most of them (4 out of 5… haiz…) are not working in retail line, so they not really understand how to run a chain store.

They still using their old style of manage a single shop to run this chain store, totally wrong, because the structure is totally different. They should know that in a chain store we need system, system that let all employees to follow. Now all the branches are using the different way to manage. Even our commissions also calculate differently for each branch. This is not good, because staff may found that this not really fare for them who work in bad-sales-branch.

Upper management still don’t know that many people planning to leave, because company still stable. We don’t worry that our company cannot get staff after this, because company background is very strong, but as a employee, we feel sad because we know that this company can be better, but just because it’s managing under the wrong person, so it may just stop growing.

Hopefully after this Boss will get someone, someone that has enough experience in operating a real chain store. We really need a real Operation Manager.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very common. Nothing surprise. i left the company was also part of the reason.

Management is not an easy task to tackle.

彥儒 said...

Every comp have its own bible, but since there is a hole there will be an opportunity, after all mayb not a bad thing also..aiya you fast fast take over top management position and make 革命..LOL

Apollo n Hermes said...

Gardenofadam: Ya lor... I know... so thinking of leaving lo... :P

Kong: Take over??? never think of that... coz when I wanna work with this company I never think to take the higher position...