Monday, December 24, 2007

The Meaning of Christmas

Christmas eve, should be the time for everyone to count down for the Christmas. Pervious years (before I’d study in KL) Christmas will be the busy season for me. Every year I need to start preparing one month before the Christmas. So early? Never. As the member in the church, there got too many works to prepare.

We not only prepare for the decoration and the activities for the Christmas day, but we need to plan for the one whole month. Caroling start 2-3 weeks before, so practice need to start one month before. Select the songs and ready the lyrics. Normally I still need to prepare one song for the mime presentation, no matter for the children fellowship or the combine service.

Other I need to do will be the Chinese backup singer, because most of the youth in our church are English-educated, so every year I need to prepare for it. Among the youth, I’m the only one who can sing the old Chinese hymn.

I need to help the pastor to ready the Chinese bulletin for the Christmas Day Combine Service. Get ready the family news and all versus for that day. Sometimes need to ready the story of the Jesus born. (I don’t know why must use Christmas day to tell the people about Jesus born… No one will know which day really the birthday of Jesus…)

Decorate the hall, ready the gift, prepare the food, arrange everything… this is my job for every year during Christmas time.

And now… my Christmas becomes so boring since I’m service in His present. Now everytime I go back to the church I feel myself like the stranger for the family, I cannot involve myself in the service but just attend it like what the non-believer do.

This Christmas eve I wish to go nowhere since I feel so lonely in this season. Joining the party not really help to bring my mood back, but only make me feel more sad.

No comments: