Yesterday afternoon spent the whole afternoon at Mid Valley and BTS to look for the Camera that I wanted to buy… Nikon Coolpix P5100… Mission Fail~~
Luckily I’m not alone to look for this model. Jane and me walk for the whole day just for this camera. Most of the shops told us that this model is a new model and still haven’t received the new stock, not even the display sets. WTF… as I know this model launched in Malaysia for about one month before so I can’t really understand why so slow for them to get the new stock.
We so disappointed when the plan for today all spoiled…
First Class – Intro
Evening time we reach Photo Creator Office at Jalan Pudu to attend our first class. First time meet with the classmate and when the time we walk in to the classroom they talking something about the pricing for the photo shooting.
Only 9 of us attend this class where by I think the rest will attend the class in Thursday. Our lecturers – Yen Hau and Kim Teoh (The Publisher of the Photo Creator Magazine and the Travelmate Magazine). My friend said we so lucky Kim Teoh become one of our lecturer whereby he’s one of the best lecturer.
This evening we haven’t met with Kim, only YH tell us something about the class.
After we intro ourselves and our photography background then YH start to tell us what we need to prepare before and after the last class.
Before the class, we need to prepare ourselves for the outdoor shooting after the 5th class, whereby we need to go for shooting early in the morning, around 8am. (means I must wake up around 6 to get ready and reach there before 8. Walau…) and most of the day of shooting will be on Sunday.
After the 12weeks when the classes end, we got one month the get ready two portfolios. (OMG…class haven’t start but we already received the assignment from the lect…) YH shows us the portfolio done by the senior. The minimum request for each of the book of the portfolio must be in 20-25 photos and the first book we need to print it in 4R sizes and the second one we need to print it in 5R or 8R.
The topic for the first book was fixed and we need to get the photo ready to match with the different topics.
First book:
- Shutter
- Depth of field
- Aperture
- Focal length
- Distance
- Perspective
- White Balance
- Lighting
- Composition
- Golden Crossing Spots
- Framing
- Front / Middle / Back Scene
- Panning
- Zooming
- Night Scene
Second book: (we need to set the topic by ourselves and ready about 20 photos for it)
Pick 3-4 topics out of…
- Landscape
- Event
- Macro
- Fine Art
- Portrait
- Building
- Nature
The terms are if we fail to summit the two portfolio then we cannot take the certificate. (OMG… within four months… I need to ready the best shoots for it… I… mmmm… haiz…)



5 comments:
Wah.... sounds like a busy plan! You can pay me 10% of the fees and teach you the same thing... Hahaha.... too bad I'm not a dedicated lecturer....
You too busy liao la... later you waste all your time to teach me one by one then we got no time to take nice photo liao... Now i learn it first then later you teach me more... we can go for practice only... i learn the theory in this class.
You not my lecturer but you my 'SiFu'... :D
huh the challenge sounds fun :)
Hey, I think there should be some camera dealers here. Better to visit them rather than the usual camera shops. You might get cheaper price :)
Famezgay: Yup it's really fun and i can't wait for every wed classes... I almost forget myself is Optician but Jr. Photographer. :P
Jason: Really??? I wan. I wan... Address pls... intro intro...
Post a Comment