Sunday, August 5, 2007

KL - Bangkok – Pattaya – Bangkok – KL (Part 3)

That day I did shared about the whole trip but that was what on the list of the paper given by the agent, now I tell you what really happened on my trip.

Day one – Kuala Lumpur – Bangkok

The time we arrive in Bangkok

The first time I visit Bangkok and sure the first time I use their new airport. This new airport is bigger and nicer than our KLIA. They identify your photo on the passport by using camera; it’s take time, which make us wait for more than 15mins.

We meet up with the tour guard and they send us to our hotel, Bangkok Center Hotel. We spent two hours on the plane and now have to spend another 45-60mins on the van to reach Bangkok center. Tired man… The traffic in Bangkok so horrible, the drive in city so ‘chun’, I’m suspecting these drivers got driving license or not.

This first day in town is on our own leisure, so we need to go out and look for our lunch. Five of us don’t know where to go but just walk down the road and see what can we get. I think after we walk for 20mins at last we found this small stall behind the shop, selling some duck noodle soup. (coz they only hanging the duck there)

We take our risk to try the food. Now we facing some problem – none of us know how to talk in their language, how we gonna order our food???

The way we communicate…

The lady boss of the stall give us pen and paper (but what we gonna write on it??? English? Chinese?). At last the pen and paper still on the table as where the origin is. There got no menu or what ever board that shows the food or any picture. The lady boss brings us to her kitchen, where by need to cross the road and see what we want to order.

We saw they got this duck claypot and noodle soup. We make our final decision to order two claypot and five different noodle soup. We’re facing the same problem when we order or drinks. At last we only get ‘Chinese Tea’ for five of us…

When the food served on the table, it’s smell so nice, but none of us wanna be the first to try it out. Ray become the one who try out the food and tell us how it’s taste. What the taste? ‘Nice’. The noodle soup taste same as the one I eat in KL, but the claypot I never try it before.

Inside 'Tuk Tuk' (Means Taxi) - this was the terrible experience for me, no more 'tuk tuk' for me.

After the lunch we walk around the Chinatown but not thing special there. After 30mins in Chinatown, we decided to ask some information from the local people. One uncle kind enough to show us to visit some places in Bangkok but he misunderstand with us. We asked him to show us the way to shopping but he ask a taxi to send us to this Gem Factory, whereby they selling this jewelry. At last we walk from the factory to the nearest Tesco hypermarket.

They got this Chinese Newspaper Board beside the road. You wanna read free newspaper then you can stand here.



The finger foods sell at the stall beside the road. Looks YUMMY...





The 'Main Door' of the Chinatown





Hospital Tian Hua - So Chinese-style, we can't get the hospital in M'sia with this kind of Door.



After dinner…

Their MRT use this token as the ticket. Cute.

After we take our dinner at the hotel we stay then we decided to visit this famous night bazaar at Lumpini – Suan Lum Night Bazaar.

I know why this bazaar so famous. This bazaar as big as a hypermarket in KL, three blocks of shopping block and few blocks for F & B.

This bazaar open around 7pm and most of the shop will close around mid night, only the pub will open till 2-3 am.

We reach there around 8.30pm, we got no enough time to finish the three block in few hours.

This what I get in the first day of shopping.

Bought some shirts, Polo-T and T-shirt. Cost me less than RM60





I need this on the beach when I'm in Pattaya. RM10.






The Nice Accessories I bought from the Bazaar too.

Some body scrub, lotion and wax from the local pharmacy. The price cheaper, the same wax in Malaysia sell RM15.90 but there only RM6.80, same brand.



Lays... you only can get this from Thai, with the different flavor.



Cute, cute, cute...

3 comments:

savante said...

More more more!

William said...

Shopping at the pharmacy?!

Apollo n Hermes said...

Savante:... Ya ya... coming...

William: Ya... you can get the same product but in cheap price... some of the product you even cant get it in Malaysia... can not shopping in Pharmacy meh???