Tuesday, June 26, 2007

You make me Cry…

Yesterday on my off day I have my movie marathon… again… This day finished my first movie, Ghost Tunnel, around 4.20pm. After that I planned to get the second movie around 5.15 but before I get the ticket I remember Jess wanna watch this 200 pounds Beauty.







Before this I’m not really interested to watch this cause I thought it just some love movie like the one Andy Lau and Sammy Cheng act few years back. My friend, Eva, hard sell this movie to me and ask me must go to watch this movie.



After the movie…



When the time Jenny (or Kang Hanna, she changed her name after the plastic surgery) tell all her fans in the concert hall that her real identity is Kang Hanna, the 200pounds girl that they know. Her job was the lip sync vocalist for the good-looking singer who don’t know how to sing. She loses her family and friends, she cannot tell the world her real identity. My tears drains out… it really touch my heart.



It’s touching because of the storyline? No… Actually it touched me because Hanna brave to stand out and tell everyone that who is she.



The world likes to see the pretty stuff, that it’s pretty in they way they thought. Hanna tries hard to make her to be accepting by the world but she cannot be herself after the surgery. She cannot be Kang Hanna anymore to facing all her friends and family, especially her loved one.



Same as us (Queers), most of the time we cannot shows people the real us to the world but try to be what the world want us to be. We actually use the different identity to facing this world. We are hiding the real one behind the mask.



I wish that one day I could do what Kang Hanna did (not go for the cosmetic surgery la…), stand in front the public and tell them the real me. I wish that one day I could be myself but not wearing the mask all the time.



Will the feedback from the public after I tell same as what Kang Hanna’s told her: It’s OK. We accept you… ???



I wish that will be the answer.

5 comments:

William said...

If people accept then no need plastic surgery lo. The point is, her acceptance came after the surgery, unless she becomes the 200lbs beauty again.

What did you do to your template... me no likey...

Kihu said...

well its not because of our gayness that we have to wear a mask to actually hide our identity. But somehow it is the culture that makes everyone not only gays that wear mask to face each other. Although lots of us trying to say that we are actually nothing to hide or sincere towards each other but are we really sure we are like tat? I guess no one actually an angel all the time. Some might just hide their face some of the time. Nowadays we just can't see a true face of anyone anymore. A sad thing to admit anyway..

Mr RM said...

I just watched the movie yesterday, and you definitely have a point! SOmehow, PLUs do lead a double life.... i call it SUPERMAN and Clark Kent... hee hee

Jan said...

To me, most of you are really brave and strong~ don think I can survive if I am in ur shoes. At least you guys are healthy physically and mentally even under that much stress...

Apollo n Hermes said...

What i mean is ppl cannot accept the stuff that they thought abnormal or ugly or weird for them... they got some 'guideline' for what is acceptable for them...

for them we are abnormal and not suppose to be in this world... or not in their world. we like outsider.

Yes, Kai Ting, be queer must strong enough to facing all the temptation from the world. facing someone you loved(family and frens)... we don't wish to hurt them just b'coz we are, but they should try to accept us.