Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why I'm "SO" Busy???

After came back from hometown, I’m so tired with my work. How come a supervisor in the branch being so busy, even more busy than the manager? Weird…

This the story…

Yes, I’m receiving the Optician pay (not Supervisor’s pay) but my job including the management part, sales part, and others. I’m the MULTIPURPOSE Guy in the branch.

Since middle of last month, my manager changed to a new guy, who transferred from another branch. He was the supervisor for the previous branch, and he was the same batch with my ex-manager, so I thought that the knowledge and the way of management in between them would be the same.

The first two weeks everything just ‘ok’, not thing much happened but only I knew that he not really know how to use computer. What I mean was he don’t know how to use MS Excel and MS Words to do some paper works.

The MAIN problem is he doesn’t know how to be a GOOD Manager.

He didn’t follow up the paperwork which need to be done on time and summit to HQ, this will cause us can’t receive any replenish stock in the future. He doesn’t know how to do this report but he didn’t tell me and leave the report there (Stupid fellow, the report will not done by itself if you leave it there and the pc won’t do it for you too!!!).

This morning I called to merchant department and only I know.

I spent the whole afternoon to get the report done and sent to the MER.

At this moment I’m confusing who should be the Manager and who should be the Supervisor.

Manager = Get the Manager pay but only need to do what Supervisor do.

Supervisor = Get the Supervisor pay but do what the Manager should do.

Some more he not really understand the proper procedure for the stock movement. He know that when we got the new stock come in then we need to display in out. He directly put the stock into our display but forgets to stock in to our stock record. For a staff who work for the company more than 7 years and done this kind of mistake really F***. I really can’t stand for this mistake.

This cause us to take out all frames that he displayed and record the frame, and then recount the stocks again, this spent us more than 3hours to get this job done. What they done yesterday cause us to redo it again and proved that they know not thing about the paperwork.

*This only part of the topic, coming up will got more post to tell the whole story and how this new manager done the great job for the branch.

2 comments:

Shake Trees said...

oh dear dear apollo. it's really frustrating huh working for an idiot. there're many books abt how to work for an idiot, how to work with an idiot, the boss hell, bla bla.. kekeke... try working with him instead of against him. communicate with him lor. tell him how to run things. if not things will definately run u down like a big flat tyre. it will not only affect u. u don't wan dat to happen rite? gud boy. quick quick tell him. kekeke... do it for others if not for urself. well who knows if he's the one giving u the pay rise. most of the time, when we r not calculative, we're more happier. happy go lucky. understand? do more work won't die 1. gud for exercise. so y pay more for gym. ur now picking up frames instead of few kilos of metals. so easy. wakaka...

u know y he can become mgr ah? u observe n see.

Apollo n Hermes said...

He become the manager got few reason... 1. his 'age' in this company too 'old'. actually he should be manager b4 he finish his contract but now his contract finished 6months. he need to get this position b4 he leave this company.
2. No one want to take this branch since the business too bad. in this situation only he the one who wan to leave soon take this place. so that his testimonial got this position called Manager.

My salary not control by this idiot coz i'm in contract too, my salary will increase every yr according my experience yr in this field.

without him i stil can run this branch, only I don wish to take over the branch, so that when my chance to go is come then i'll leave.

now all our single branch are counting the profit sharing so ppl like us(optician) are consider the high pay in the expenses(salary when counting Profit and Loss). this make me hard to leave this branch. i trying...

i need to go gym so that i can be stronger to facing all this temptation. :P