Monday, August 22, 2011

What Happened on ME...

Long time never update my blog de... nothing much but just too lazy... lol... BUT cannot 100% say I'm lazy but last two months was busy with 'something', something making me so frustrated. Will share it in my following post.

Work

nothing much happen in my work place, everything seems to be fine, only some little thing happen in between us, like one of my co-worker getting married, my malay optom always 'kena kacau' by gay customer, just because he really looks so GAY, even he telling us he's 100% pure straight guy, got two girlfriends (geng ler...). Then nothing else happen de...

Life

a bit peaceful, work, eat, sleep, gym, leisure... what else? Nothing.

Now my target is to setup my new business, Event Planning, and wish to make more money and have some other great plan in my life. No one can even help you if you don't help yourself. I know i'm doing it a bit slow, but just try to make it happen.

New Setup

Decided to start back my part time job, this time not only get some photography job, but also involve into some event planning stuff. I found that I still interested more on art stuff, than what i'm doing now. So just did some research and study bout some related info, do some setup for the new business, get ready myself, look for some opinion, and get my business card ready. That's what I did for the past few months.

Actually I did consult a very BIG wedding party, it will be held on the 1st of Jan 2012. I thought that this will be my first project but ends up with some very sad situation. Try to make it short, the stupid groom act himself very rich and 'fut lou', from the beginning he wants everything GOOD, so put the budget until reach 150k just for the two banquets, which is really a big budget. But things didn't really last long, because after 1 month, by the end of July, when I already ready at least 80% of the project, he suddenly wanna pull off... because he got no enough money to pay.

The reason he's giving is because the government not doing the election by this year, and as a financial consultant for the government, he cannot get BIG MONEY from them, so he got no extra side income to make the wedding happen. What a stupid reason for me.

I start to ask for the deposit and advance cash since the beginning of the day, but after one month I still haven't receive a single cents from him. And now, he still owing me not only the deposit but the payment for my flight ticket and daily charges for the meeting in Penang. WTF.

I'm very disappointed not only for the groom but the bride as well, she's my friend, but this time I really need to stay away from this kind of so-called-friend. Just because the event is abit rush, so I just start to do all the arrangement even I haven't receive any payment from them, just because I trust her, but now seems to be not, just broke all the trust and friendship.

So I wasted one month for the wedding plan, but I learnt my lesson, when come to business, even your friend, you still have to make things clear, money always the problem.

Now I need to look for more projects, and hopefully I can have my first real project on hand soon. I'll try to work more hard on this.

6 comments:

ah Giap 阿业 said...

welcome back! quite normal but 'eventful' days you have :-)

Jaded Jeremy said...

Ya, I always tell my family and friends that when it comes to anything important (money, decision, responsibilities etc), it's best to be very clear. Otherwise, just gotta accept the consequences.

Apollo n Hermes said...

Thx ah Giap!!!

Uncle JJ, Already make it super clear... agreement pun dah signed... but still they don't follow how??? ask ah Long to collect the money for me?? or pay more money to the lawyer and give them a letter????

Jaded Jeremy said...

Report to police? I don't know about Malaysia but in Singapore, my ex-colleague had a dispute with the contractor with the renovator of his flat involving money and delivery and he got the help of the police to get the contractor to remedy the situation. It's a specific division of the police force, I believed.

Apollo n Hermes said...

huh... no idea wor... later police ask for money how??? U know lar... M'sia police how 'good' they're...

Pluboy2 said...

I learnt something about doing business..

FRIEND IS FRIEND, DONT MAKE THEM YOUR CUSTOMER.