This is all about what my Big Boss told me one day before I start on leave. (Now only I have time to sit down and write about this…)
His Question: Already two months, so what’s your opinion about our business??
Me: Emmm… Everything ok, and we just done our setup for the branch, get all the brand that we needed, after settle down everything then we need to get our customer base.
This only the beginning of the conversation, the main point he get me out from the branch and ask me all these is just to tell me that: I must at least hit his first target for us – 180K, and make sure every month we can maintain the figure. He wants me to commit this in the first place.
He said He’s ready to receive any of the letter from us if we really think that it’s hard to commit what he wants. Or else, we should transfer to somewhere else, means that no longer staying in the branch that we’re. This make me so tension and I don’t really know how to tell my team members.
I have no marketing background and I have no idea how to promote this new company, not only in this mall but also in this market and asking people to visit our branch which located in such a ‘good’ location. Even we have all these good and branded stuff but I don’t think other customer will know about this.
Our ‘Good’ company don’t even have this Marketing dept to do this job for us but all depends on our own. Now, should I just look for another job? or should I start from now take a marketing course, so that I know how to ‘sell’ this company… :P
180K… still far far away…



7 comments:
Well, I think if you feel that you cannot make it, you might want to look for another job .... However, taking marketing course is good too as we will never know that you might need the knowledge in the future =)
So, your problem is getting customers into your shop in the first place so that they will know the good and branded stuff you're selling, right?
I find this marketing technique helps for food: advertise the product's price has been slashed by x% for only a period of time. Hopefully that'll draw customers in but the key step is to make sure they experience good service and have good products once they arrive so that they will come back again and recommend to others.
Maybe it'll work for you too. Give it a try!
Nothing much I can help there, except I will tell my friends who want new glasses to go to your shop.
If the guy at the branch has to do it, then it already sounds like a mom and pop shop! And macamlah he gave you budget for marketing. Or are you supposed to come up with a proposal?
And is it part of your job scope too? Knowing that it's a Marketing job, beyond the Asst Branch Head admin job?
I think it's good to learn up some marketing skills but if being push to do something and achieve something beyond your skills, then it's something you need to think about your next step.
Here's the chance for you to market as you like! But yes your target is quite high!!
Thanks all... :)
Ad: i wish that i have time for me to taking another course. :)
Uncle JJ: Means that I have to get this "Happy-Hour Promotion"??? Give out Buy One Free One promotion for about 3hours, daily...?
Legolas: Thanks... That will help... :P
William: Ya lor, dia expect me to do it too... but of course I'll not do so... Haiz... That's not my mum's shop ler...
Pikey: Nope, that's not in my task... and My job is only to asst the BH...
Janvier: No lor, I cannot do it sesuka hati one, just think what to do and they will approve wor... haiz....
Post a Comment