* This is loooooooooooog post…
23 February 2007, Day-1 of Work Trip
Early in the morning ‘came out’ from my sweet dream. Not willing to do that but no choice cause I need to catch the early bus to get to Genting Highland. This was my first day work at GHL (Genting Highland).
Visiting Uncle Lim’s place so many times but his was the first time I stay at GHL for so long – 5days. This also the first working trip for me away from KL. I just wonder what will happen in these few days.
Thanks God that I can reach GHL in time after I catch the 8.30AM bus at KL Sentral. There was something happened when the time I’m waiting for the bus at KL Sentral.
There was one big family wait for the same bus as I do. When the time they reach, I stand up from my seat and walk to the rubbish bin behind me, which is not too far from the chair I sit. When the time I turn back, I saw one of the guys in this big family (Almost 10 people in the group) took the newspaper, which I put on my seat and throw my Milo, which I still leave 1/3. (That was my breakfast IDIOT)
WTF… Tamade… then he let one of his brothers to sit on my seat… I walk back to the seat and just take my bags from the side of the chair. The guy sat on my seat noticed I’m not happy with it. The one who holding my newspaper finished reading only he asked me: Are this yours’? I said not thing but just get back the newspaper and put it on my bag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reached GHL
Start my work at this new place for me. All the time I come here with the vacation mood but this time I come here with a working mood. The feeling totally different, thanks God let me learn experience something new.
Just like the new man started to work at new working place, I got not thing much to do and don’t know what should I do. I thought that my job at this branch is to help them to eye test and cut lenses, since the Optician take leave, but my job not thing easy…
My Job at this branch…
When the owner for the job reached here around 2pm. He start to brief me about my jobs in this few days.
He told me that I got my target to archive in this 5days. The target is 14k. 14k in five days is not that hard to archive but now is the 6th day of the CNY, most of the visitor leave this place. I’m just worrying the coming Monday and Tuesday.
Beside of that, the Boss brief me a lot regarding the target of the outlet and the personal target for the staff. The way he brief me just like I’m gonna take over the branch. Funny… I never expect he tell me this much of thing regard his branch since I just work here for 5days.
The present of the Boss make me feel so pressure. After he leave the outlet then I feel better. Then I stated to do my job, keep the eye on all the sales and try my best to work with all the staff.
The working hour for this outlet is longer. They start operation at 10am and close at 10pm but for Friday and Saturday, they will close at 10.30pm. The first day I work till 11pm cause we waiting for the customer to come back for the KIV sunglasses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Meal
Before I come to GHL I thought that the cost for the meal at here will kill me, but now I can say I was wrong. They show me the way to the staff’s food court, and tell me from there I can get cheaper food.
Go to the food court really take time and you need to memories a lot. Turn here and turn there, then take this lift and go that way. You need to give them your IC when u enter the food court.
The prices really make me surprise. One pack of Char Siew Fan (BBQ pork rice) only cost me RM3. I can’t believe this when I pay it. Some more the drink in this food court also cheap which you can’t get it in KL, Limau Ice only RM1. Now I think my pocket can be save from the cost.
The operation hour for the food court from 10am – 10pm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Water
The water in GHL really can kill me. They got heater but after shower you not really can be stand still since the floor clod like ice… I’m not really understand how all the people living here for thousand days can stand for the cold water… I’m not really get use with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After work…
One of my friends come to visit me tonight, he come with his friends. I’m so happy when someone visits me. We share our supper at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf @ Theme Park Hotel. This place full with people when all the shop closed and no place for these people who not interested Casino.
We enjoy our drinks and cheesecake under this nice and cold weather. I share with him what happened this day.
I can’t stand so long, after 2.30am the sleepy worm call me. My friend walk me to the hostel at Ria Apartment, 15-20mins walk from First World Plaza.
This was my first day at GHL.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
24 February 2007, Day-2 of Work Trip
This day I wake up 8.30 in the morning. My brain keep on telling me I need to wake up but my physical tell me he not ready to work. I still need to wake up cause the key of the shop with me.
Do all the preparation and waiting for the others. Not really get use with the ‘morning water’ again… This cold water can’t wake me up from my dream…
This day I know what should I do in this outlet. Now only one think in my mind, I wish that today can achieve the target – 3k. This morning all customers still in nice dream, no one come out and shopping in this plaza. At this moment I felt so worries today we couldn’t achieve.
I never leave this branch and go out for lunch or dinner; I asked someone help me to pack some foods. I’m not doing this when the time I’m in my own branch. I not leaving the outlet cause I’m worried after I leave got customer need me to do eye test. The distance really far and one trip need about half an hour to come back.
I found out the cost for the meal at here far cheaper than I buy at Bangsar. One day I only spend RM6-7 on my meal. With this price you only can buy half of the meal at Bangsar. Save my money.
Around evening, we got the sales we want and we achieve the target before 8pm.
This day really good sales, we get 5k and now I’m not so far from my 14k target, I achieved 9k. Wish that tomorrow can archive the 14k target…
Today we still close at 11pm. Another 13 hours in a day.
Tonight to weather changed, I felt so cool when we walk back form the Plaza. After the cold shower I take my rest early.
The weather make me can’t really sleep well. Even after I wore my jacket. Few times I woke up, 3am, 4.30am, 6.30am and 8.00am.
Forget to mention that I get ulcer, I think because I drink too much hot chocolate and eat too much dried meat. So bad…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
25 February 2007, Day-3 of Work Trip
So fast I passed the first two days in GHL, this was my third day; I wish that I could finish my work as soon as possible. I’m enjoy the time working at GHL only I cant stand the cold weather here…
Today was my third day of work and this was the last day I can fight for my target cause after today I think most of the visitor will leave GHL, this was the eight days of the CNY.
I doing the same thing in the branch, and I never leave this branch more than 15mins. Luckily this kind of working life just temporary, if permanently, I think I’ll ‘die’…
Not thing much happened on this day, tonight got firework performance at GHL, in front Genting Hotel.
Around 11.45pm we heard some sounds of firework come from Genting Hotel, we thought that we couldn’t see it from our hostel, so I just continue write my journal. One of my colleagues come into my room and very excited said can see from my room. The 10mins firework really nice.
This night I sleep early since not thing to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
26 February 2007, Day-4 of Work Trip
The last two days in GHL, the time run so fast, tomorrow will be my last day work at this mountain, after that I can go back to the city of KL.
As I mention before, today the corridor really quiet and the car park was empty. I still leave 1400 to reach my target. This day really boring causes no customer walk in and we got not thing to do. In this boring moment, luckily got these funny staff entertain us with funny jokes and sing some songs.
This free time give me sometime to know the staff better. I talk with them and we share to each other. I teach them some knowledge about the material of the sunglasses.
Thanks God, in the evening we started to get some sales. Around 6pm I reached my target. I’m so happy to accomplish this mission. Today I let them enjoy a bit by allow them to use the pc to chatting, normally this is not allowed by the management.
When we closing, the sales for this four days is above my target, that’s tomorrow I no need to worries about my sales. Now I need to help them achieve their personal target.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I get some free meals from the staffs. One of the staff treat me sweet corn as my dessert and another staff treat me supper.
In the supper session, we talk something about how to facing the problem when we do sales. In this branch they got some problem in between the staffs. Three staffs resign in this month because they got some problem with one of the new staff. Actually in these few days I work with this ‘problem man’, I know why the other staffs against him. They way he treat people, the way he talk and the way he do sales.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m sick.
In the evening time I felt my body no in the right temperature, it’s hot – I’m in fever. I don’t know how I get this fever but luckily I still can stand and help them to do some sales and cut lenses. Normally when I’m fever I cannot cut lenses, I can’t hold the lenses and cut it nicely. Thanks God for giving me the strength to finish my work.
I know someone will worry about me when I told him I’m in fever. I get some calls and SMS to ask me drink more water and take medicine.
After supper, I take the medicine and I sleep. Wish that tomorrow would recover.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
27 February 2007, Day-5 of Work Trip
This morning wake up late because I really tired. When the time I wake up from bed, I felt my body temperature still higher than the normal. My throat feel not so well and I lost my voice.
Packed my stuff and bring it with me to work. This was the last day for me to work at GHL.
Early in this morning I get the bad news from the staff. They told me the profit margin is less than 50%. This will cause them cannot get the commission and the incentive for this month even they achieve the personal target or branch target.
I started to sit in front the pc and count the profit percentage. After I done the calculation, they still need to get RM2,400 profit in these two days. This is not an easy mission; we need to get more profit beside of sales.
Today I need to do some report for the Boss, help them to stock take and replenish for the stock. My body not feeling well and I lost my smile on my face. This was my 8th day of work, after this day I still need to work for few days.
At the end of the day, the sales for today not bad, we get 3k. For the profit part is half of the sales, that’s mean tomorrow when I’m not around they need to try their best to get another RM1100 profit.
After work, the Boss come and fetches me back to KL. We did chat lot regard the performance of the staffs and something regards my ex-boss.
When I’m reaching KL, the first thing in my mind was – KL very warm… 12.30AM reached my hostel, take a shower, the feeling totally different with the shower I took at GHL. Tonight I enjoy my shower for more than 25mins, compare with the 10mins shower at GHL. I can feel the water so warm and without the cold wind come to me. Finished the shower I still can walk out with the half naked body. Remember the time at GHL, even come out with the jacket I still felt so cold.
After shower go and see how is the little hamster. The mother gave birth for the four little baby hamsters 3days before I leave to GHL. Now I can see the little hamster changed from red to light brown colour. I can different the four little baby, two with dark colour and another two in light colour, I think after this the two light will be the same colour as their mother.
I started miss the moment at GHL, the funny staff… 01.30AM lying on the bed but my mind still playing the memories in the past few days.
Forget to mention that I get the new friend for Rat_Rat and Jungle Bear. It is a cute little puppy. It comes with brown colour.
End up the working days at GHL, come back to KL I still need to float for Uptown Branch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
28 February 2007, The Day at Uptown Damansara
Today I work at another branch, which I never work before. Today I partner with two guys, M and J. The person in charge for this branch was on leave. Shop lot = Bored. This is normal for me cause I come from a shop lot branch too. The different is in my branch I can do what ever I want or I wish.
But now I’m not in my branch so a lot of thing I can’t do. I’m facing the Bank in front of the shop. Luckily the time run faster as I thought. Now I wish that I could go back to the branch, which I came from. Tomorrow I still need to work for one day then only I can take one day off.
This day my friend so bad, she knew that I still need to work. She SMS me and tell me she’s going to watch two movie at Mid Valley and she can go for shopping. I just like locked in this branch.
At least today better got some familiar faces come to my branch and take a dinner with me.
Now my life get back to normal.
Lion King 5201314
Apollo and His Story



2 comments:
Normally after come down from the "Mountain", the Kung Fu will increase threefold!
yar william. but his kung fu is called long kong fu. he write so long la. incredible leh. *applause
Apollo ah, get well soon ok. I think ur harney will take veli gud care of u hor. kekeke...
Post a Comment