Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hello Singapore... The City of Lion

This my third day of my trip at The City of LION. Last two days i'm been so busy on my trip, so that's why today only I can update my news.

Run away from all problem in my life, I take a break and try to take a rest.

This was my first time travel alone by holding none of SGD in my wallet (because I cant manage to exchange the notes when most of the money changer in Mid Valley out of 'stock'.) I'm holding the few hundred MYR (Malaysia Ringgit) enter into this City.

Start from the day I leave KL...

16th of March...

This day I should follow a group of friends to the MATA fair at PWTC, but just because I need to catch up the bus at 1.30pm, the timing only allowed me to join them for 'Blunch' (*Breakfast and Lunch). We met at Mid Valley which is our 'second home' or our 'centre'. After finished our Blunch, I leave the table and waiting for Mr C. fetch me up to Times SQ, my bus depart from there. Thanks for Mr. C.

Arrived at Times SQ, after check-in at the ticket counter, I'm rushing to do my last minutes shopping. I went to the DIGI centre try to ask them to active my roaming sys for my postpaid number. I knew that my another two Prepaid number will auto active for the roaming, but i don't think the credit for the phones are enough for me to call out or send SMS. (It costed me RM2 to send a SMS for a SG line) I forgottan this was Friday, whereby most of the office got this long lunch break, and our muslim friends need to take a break fot prayer session. When I arrived the DIGI centre, only three counters open but there got more than 15peoples waiting for these three CS doing some works for them. At this moment something in my mind told me: It is good if I cant active my roaming, the reason is keep me away from the disturbing of office.

Look on my watch, I leave 20mins to go before my bus started to leave this city. I take a move to buy some batteries and foods from Watsons then I'm rush back to the bus ticket counter.

When I on board i noticed that i'm the last on broad. When I sat on the seat I heard the girl beside me arguing something with her father who sitting two rows in front of us. This was the 'trouble family' I met on the bus.

First of all I have to thanks God by allowed me to get this new handsfree for my handphone, because of this handsfree i can stay away from all the sound polution on this bus. Starting I tried to use my MP3 to put on some music but I still can listen their conversation, some more the younger son in the family making a lot of noises. He shouting, making a lot of sound by playing with his toys, then the father tried to stop him from disturbing the other passangers on the bus. He not the only children on the bus but he is the only one who making noises on the bus.

My MP3 can not help me on this so I take out my new handsfree. Thanks for Sony by creating this kind of handsfree and it's helpful in this kind of situation. My eyes looking at what they doing but I enjoying the music from my phone.

On the way when we reaching Seremban area, the sky starting to rain. The bus drive so slow and here got some traffic jam since the road still under extenting work so they closed two lanes. After some times, we saw something happened on the opposite road. There got one car accidentally bang on the wall beside the road, but i cant see so clear was there any other car involved cause I just woke up from my dream. As usual, the others driver slow down their speed to see what is going on, so we stuck into another traffic jam. This is what the Ge Po people doing when there was something happened on the road.

After spent 6 hours on the bus, I arrived to this City of Lion. Still worrying about if I really cant find my friend at this bus station then how I gonna contact him, Tom. When the bus stop at the station, I'm so happy to see Tom waiting for me near the bus.

I thought that the first night in this city I'll take a rest and waiting for the next day, but not. After settle myself at Tom's place, we take a short break and Tom asked me to get ready to go out with him. We went to a pub near the town, if I'm not mistaken this place called Blue Blazer.

Met with Tom's friends, I only remember one of the girl named Chrys. The rest of the friends I cant remember their name. We spent the whole night in this pub. After 7-8 months, this was the first night I touch with the alcoholic drinks.

After 4 hours spent in the pub, we changed our venue to the a food court near to my Tom's place. We take our supper before we go back. The price for the food in SG actually is cheaper than KL, if you working and earning the money here, Don't try to convert back to MYR.

We end up my first day in SG. After taking the shower, I slept at 4am. I can't believe that my first day end up with this kind of story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17th of March...

Wake up at 11 in the morning, get ready to meet with Derek and POD. Tom have to do some work at 1pm, so he bring me to the Bugis MRT control station to meet with them. This was my first time meet with POD after we know each other for more than 8 months.

Forget to thanks for my housemate, Eva, cause she gave me her EzLink card before I leave KL. She leave some credit in the card, I only need to top up after I finished it.

We took our lunch at one of the food store near to the Bugis street. Last night in the pub we ate chicken wings, now in this lunch Derek help me to order the chicken wings too. I thought that the chicken rice they mean was the chicken rice normally we eat.

After this POD bring us to shops around this area, cause this was his area since his office nearby this place. I get not thing for myself, cause this time I'm not coming for shoping but only to take a rest. I try to compare the prices in KL and SG, I do this survey is one of the reason I come to SG. I'm thinking to move' into this city after I end up my contract. I try to compare the living style and the costs at this city which using the different rates.

Derek and POD got their plan after 3pm so I went to the Orchard Rd after we end up the meeting. This was my first time walking alone in this city. As usual when I'm walking alone, I put on my MP3.

I'm using the Malaysia Eyes to look into the Singapore Life.

After an hour walking I felt so tired and try to look for some nice place for me to wait for Tom to finished his work around 6pm. I chose the Starbucks as my coffee house for this tea time. With the Ipod and the coffee, I enjoy my time here.

At this moment only the music and the coffee in my life. Long time I never do this to enjoy the life giving by the Father in Heaven.

This coffee, Jawa Chips Frabbuchino, costed me $7. This was the first $7 I used in SG on this trip. Some of my friends not believe me buy not thing even its the good time for me to shopping. I already mention that I'm not coming for shopping.

Forget to charge the Ipod, after 3hours the battery getting low, I'm using my handphone to continue the music while I'm still waiting for Tom. He is on his way, I still got half an hour to enjoy my coffee.

This Evening we celebrate Chrys' birthday (Tom's friend which I met her in the pub last night) at one of the Karaoke on this Orchard Rd. Before the party start, me and Tom do some shopping. We wanna get some birthday gift for this birthday gal.

When the time we shops for the gift, I get two new underwear for myself. The brand for the underwear called Naked truth, this brand got the design and the material that I want.

This night not only got the karaoke session but after the karaoke we go to MOS, 54. The design in this Disco really nice, this was the first time I visit this Disco. We visit the different 'room', as I know they got 7-8 different rooms. I just visited 3 rooms. This not the last point we stop but after this point we continue with another Disco. We go for different Disco because Christ know a lot of people in the Disco and Pub, some of her friends work at the Disco.

The last Disco we went was the PLU Disco, Why Not. This night really a great night for me, we not only celebrate but this let me know more places in this city.

Another 4am in the morning. Finished shower and we slept at 5am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Third-Day. 18th of March...

Wake up at 12pm in the afternoon. This day we got appointment at 2pm by visiting a friend's place. This day we celebrate Chrys' birthday, with the steamboat session. 12 of us enjoying steamboat ready by Jocelyn. We spent the whole afternoon at here.

I'm really full with the foods. Not only steamboat but the noodles, chicken wings (chicken wings again...) and the fried Wan Tan. I like the cake, Tiramishu. This was the original Tiramishu, with the wine in it. In KL I can't found the Original Tiramishu.

This day the time table not as full as few days before. So after the celebrating we went to Orchard Rd again, but because all of us so tired after this few days of celebration. After 1 hour shopping, we decided to go back early. I really tired but I enjoy the time.

This night slept around 12 something...

(Some photos will post in the following post...forget to bring the cable for my phone.)

1 comment:

Ganymede said...

Baby is having fun there ha. How nice. :)

Can't wait till baby come back.